#11 Retinawesome FINAL PROGRAM & LINKS - Tackling Difficult Cases in Vitreoretinal Surgery - ZOOM or YouTube Channel Retinawesome LIVE! Aug14, 2021 BRT
Retinawesome Newsletter – Retinawesome 11 Event Tomorrow! Aug14, 2021 BRT
Dear friends from the World of Ophthalmology,
We are happy to introduce you the following events in Retinal Diseases and Vitreoretinal Surgery. The next event, Retinawesome 11, will have the following subject:
“Tackling Difficult Cases in Vitreoretinal Surgery”
Link for the Audience (Live from Retinawesome Retina & Vitreous International – YouTube Channel):
YouTube Channel HERE = https://youtu.be/_TRLXZ7XkJ0
Or into the Zoom:
Zoom HERE = https://bit.ly/3AHUjgT
Please check your schedule and time: Time Difference - find the correct time at your location / Diferença de horários - encontre o horário certo na sua localidade: https://www.zeitverschiebung.net/en/
- João Eugênio de Medeiros:
Former professor of Ophthalmology from the Brasilia University and Chief of The Neuro-Ophthalmology Service from Sarah Hospital - Center of Sarah Hospitals’ Network.
5 Questions with Dr. Prof. João Eugênio de Medeiros (JE) during Retinawesome 11!:
- Small Bio from Dr. Prof. João Eugênio de Medeiros / Pequena Biografia de Dr. Prof. João Eugênio de Medeiros
- How did you start your Retina Practice? / Como você iniciou sua prática em Retina?
- How do you compare today’s Vitreoretinal Surgeries with the ones made in the past? / Como você compara as cirurgias vitreorretinianas realizadas hoje com as realizadas no passado?
- Who are your heroes in the Retina Field and who was your inspiration in daily practice? / Quem são seus heróis na Retina Internacional e em quem você inspirou na sua prática diária?
- What are your advices for the generations to come? / Quais são os seus conselhos para as gerações que estão aparecendo?
- Closing comments from Dr. JE / comentários finais do Dr. JE.
- Case 1 - KeyNote Speaker - Athanasios Nikolakopoulos:
- Teaching in Tessaloniki - TVRS and Knowledge transfer - Tessaloniki VR Summer School
- Surgical cases: blunt trauma, choroidal folds, 27G buckle vitrectomy
- Case 2 - Dr. Prof. Waiching Lam - Hong Kong
Qing Li (associated consultant) presents the first part of a great case of Morning Glory Syndrome and Dr. Prof. Waiching Lam presents the second part of this case - awesome way to deal with retina complications!
Dr. Anthony Mak (retina fellow) will present an interesting (Mystery Case) - a clinical one
- Case 3 - Dra. Zélia Correa - Brazil - Retinal detachment port radiation for cilichoroidal melanoma.
- Case 4 - Dr. Prof. S. Natarajan - India - An interesting case of Pediatric chronic retinal detachment with white cataract
- Case 5 - Dr. Yoshihiro Yonekawa - Mistery Case
- Case 6 - Dr. Hudson Nakamura - Double Peel in Severe Diabetic Retinopathy with very adherent Fibrovascular Tissue Proliferation
- Case 7 - Dr. Vaibhav Sethi - Vaibhav Sethi - India - IOFB REMOVAL 2X.mp4
- Case 8 - Dr. Emmanouil Mavrikakis - Greece - Mistery Case
- Case 9 - Dr. André Jucá - Brazil - Unusual complication in primary repair RD (buckle) surgery
- Case 10 - Dr. Francyne Veiga Cyrino - Brazil - Mistery Case
- Case 11 - Dr. Jorge Mitre - Brazil - Partial ILM removal for Macular Hole. A new technique for sparing Muller Cells from damage
- Case 12 - Dr. Marcelo Murillo Sasamoto - Bolívia - Late-Onset Retinal Findings and Complications in Untreated ROP. Surgical cases.
- Case 13 - Dr. Nageswar Rao - India - Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome (ARN)
Faculty - Retinawesome:
Special Interview - Dr. João Eugênio de Medeiros:
Graduated in Medicine by the Universidade Federal da Paraíba (Brazil) in 1960.
Residency Program in Ophthalmology - Institute Prof. Hilton Rocha, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (1961-1963), by the Brazilian Medical Association and Brazilian Council of Ophthalmology in São Paulo (1963)
Course and specialization in Spain - Barraquer Institute (1970-1972)
Doctor in Ophthalmology by Federal University of Goiás, Brazil
Previous affiliations at the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Brazilian Society of Cataract and Intraocular Implants, and more here: https://academiamedicinadebrasilia.org.br/index.php/academicos/membros/33-emeritos/127-joao-eugenio-g-de-medeiros
Keynote Speaker - Dr. Athanasius Nikolakopoulos
Thesorasi Head Retina Surgeon
Thessaloniki VitreoretiNal School Dir (RVRS)
ESASO Faculty Prof
SEEOS Board Member
Toronto Univ Visiting Prof CANADA
Buenos Aires Univ Visiting Prof ARGENTINA
Dr. Yoshihiro Yonekawa
Ophthalmology specialist in Philadelphia, PA.
Residency at Harvard Medical School.
Currently practices at Mid Atlantic Retina and is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Board certified in Ophthalmology.
William Beaumont Hospital, Fellowship Hospital
Harvard Medical School, Residency Hospital
Dr Vaibhav Sethi
Vitreo Retinal Surgeon & Consultant
Arunodaya Deseret Eye Hospital - India
Dr. André Jucá
UFCE - Federal University of Ceará - Professor
Clinical Director - CLDO e do CCO
Former Fellow - Retina and Vitreous - University Paris XII
Dr. Zelia M. Correa
Professor of Ophthalmology at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, USA
Professor of Ophthalmology and Oncology Johns Hopkins Medicine, Wilmer Eye Institute, Sydney Kimmel Cancer Center
The "Tom Clancy" endowed Professor of Ophthalmology
Director of Ocular Oncology and Echography, Retina Division, Wilmer Eye Institute
Adjunct Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Editorial Board Member of JAMA Ophthalmology, TVST, Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia
Dr. Marcelo Murillo Sasamoto
Presidente at Sociedad Boliviana de Retina
Ex-Secretario Científico at Sociedad Boliviana de Oftalmología
Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultant & ROP Consultant at Instituto Privado de Oftalmología - IPO La Paz Bolivia
Dr. Emmanouil Mavrikakis
Faculty: Emmanouil Mavrikakis MD, PhD, Ophthalmologist in Chief, Gennimatas Athens General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Dr. G Nageswar Rao, MD
After MBBS from MKCG medical college, Berhampur in 1994 joined MD ophthalmology at AIIMS, New Delhi in 1997
Post PG fellowship in Vitreoretina from Aravind eye hospital and post graduate institute in the year 2003.
Presently working as director, Vision care centre for retina at Bhubaneswar and teaching faculty at KIMS, Bhubaneswar
Dr. Prof. S. Natarajan
Prof.Dr.S.Natarajan hails from a long line of Ophthalmologists. His father Prof.Dr.N.S.Sundaram and grandfather, Dr. Nataraja Pillai, were Ophthalmologists of high standing in Chennai.
Awarded The Padma Shri by the President of India
PRESIDENT - O M A G
(Organised Medicine Academic Guild- with 20 medical organisations)
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT, AIOS - All India Ophthalmological Society
PRESIDENT , SANKARA NETHRALAYA ALUMNI.
Board of Trustee, INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY(ICO)
Secretary General, Asian Eye Genetics Consortium
Chairman and Managing Director - Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital Pvt.Ltd.
Specialized in Vitreous, Retina & Macular Surgery
Managing Trustee, Aditya Jyot Foundation For Twinkling Little Eyes(Not For Profit NGO)
Dr. Prof. Waiching Lam
Professor Wai-Ching Lam graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, the University of Manitoba, Canada in 1982 with MD and BSc(Med) degrees. He completed his ophthalmology residency from 1988-1991, and vitreo-retinal clinical fellowship in 1992 at McGill University, Canada. He obtained his Specialist Certification in Ophthalmology in 1992 and the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada in 1993. He also received the Diploma of the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1993.
Dr. Vaibhav Sethi
DNB (Aravind Eye Hospital)
Fellow L.V. Prasad Eye Institute (Hyderabad)
Fellow International Council of Ophthalmology (UK)
Vitreo Retinal Consultant
Arunodaya Deseret Eye Hospital, Gurugram
Dr Sethi's Eye Centre, Delhi
Dr. Francyne Veiga Reis Cyrino
Francyne Veiga Reis Cyrino
Retina and Vitreous Consultants- CRV
Residency preceptor at C.A.O. (Ophthalmology Advanced Center) - UNAERP
Residency preceptor at HCFMRP-USP - Ribeirão Preto -SP
Subject: Lens dislocation After Phacoemulsification using Hashtag Technique & Traumatic Retinal Detachment and HashTag Technique
Dr. Hudson de Carvalho Nakamura
Former Fellow University of Toronto, Canada, with Professor Waiching Lam, Rob Devenyi, Alan Berger, Pat Harvey
Former Fellow CBCO - Goiânia, Brazil
Professor of the Residency Program and Retinal Fellowship at The Eye Bank Foundation of Goiás Brazil
Dr. Rodrigo Schwartz Pegado
Professor of the specialization course of the Brazilian society of ophthalmology, coordinator of the medical residency at the Brazilian Institute of Assistance and Research, member of Eye Visio
Click Here to Visit